Saturday, June 21, 2014

May 17 - Istanbul: Mosques in the Evening

Hubs and I were fortunate to take another journey across the globe for a little over two weeks to Istanbul and Greece. I'm a little strapped for time right now and I don't want blogging about our trip to get dragged out for months or completely overwhelm me, so I'm going to keep the blogs as short and sweet. Which is no small task for a rambler like myself, but I will try my best for my own sake. Let's all just take a deep breath and pretend this is a Tumblr.

The Blue Mosque is just one of those breathtaking landmarks that compels you to photograph it every time you walk past, as though you're seeing it again for the first time. Although, this was actually the first time we saw  it.

IMG_4571

And a 180 degree turn away to Hagia Sophia.

IMG_4573

Dinner at Sehzade Cag Kebap, where the meat is rotated horizontally on the spit instead of vertically.

IMG_4579

IMG_4576

IMG_4578

Near Eminonou, kids roller blading (or trying to) in front of the New Mosque.

IMG_4583

Heard our first call to prayer and men came to wash themselves in the faucets outside of the mosque.

IMG_4587

Just had to take another photo on our way back to the hotel.

IMG_4599

View from our hotel of the Bosphorus/Marmara Sea.

IMG_4605

No comments:

Post a Comment