Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 In Review


Ah, Reflections - A rare double rainbow in L.A.

2010 was a great year for me. 

I started out the year by getting married in L.A. and honeymooning in Belize.  Swimming in warm water, snorkeling amongst the second largest barrier reef in the world, and climbing Mayan ruins was the best ever start to a year.

In July, we spent a few days in Maine with Hubs' family.  We played a lot of board games and relaxed next to the ocean.  It was lovely.

I started a blog and then ignored it.

In August, Hubs and I visited Glacier National Park, a place that holds many great childhood memories for me.  We saw 4 bears and 11 bighorn sheep.  It rained a lot, snowing at times, but we went on a magical hike that I'll never forget.

I decided I wanted to devote more of my life to writing.  Actually, I decided I want to try and make a career of it.  I didn't write too much at the beginning of the year, but I made up for it in the second half of the year.  I wrote and wrote and wrote, and ended up with the follwing scripts: 

* A "Chuck" spec.
 
* I did fairly major revisions on "The Rebound Guy," a rom com I finished in 2009.  Now I think it's in great shape.

* The first draft of a pilot, a supernatural drama that takes place in high school.  I will be revising it in 2011.

* The first draft of another rom-com either called "The Right Reasons" or "Key to My Heart," still debating.  I'm currently writing the second draft.

* The first draft of a drama, "Ten Seconds."  I will be revising it early in 2011.  It's the most contest-friendly script I've written and I plan on entering it into many competitions in 2011.

Five scripts in seven months.  Not too shabby.  I'm going to try to keep riding the momentum into the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment