Monday, March 28, 2011

Nicholl Fellowship - part one


So, I have three scripts that I want to enter into the Nicholl Fellowship this year. The last time I entered the Nicholls I think was in 2005, so it's been awhile. That year, I didn't make it to the Quarterfinals, and I'm hoping one of my scripts can sneak through this year. I say "sneak through" because out of 6,000 entries, it takes a little luck along with a good script to get past the first round.

My first entry, The Rebound Guy, is one of my rom coms. I know the Nicholls aren't known for selecting comedies, but Greg Beal, the guy who organizes the contest, keeps emphasizing that they don't discriminate against comedies. Plus, I think it's a darn good script, so we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Time to whip the other two scripts into shape before the final deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment