Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Writing Roundup and 2013 Resolutions



I wasn't as motivated to write in 2012 as I wanted (needed) to be. Yes, I wrote a fair number of things. I finalized some screenplays that have been floating around my life for a number of years. They are officially done, not to be revisited until I have someone expressing interest in them.

My best writing moments came from the first drafts I finished this year: an adventure comedy that I'd been mulling over for awhile, an Awkward spec that I love, a sitcom pilot, and a Two Broke Girls spec that needs minimal revisions to be ready for 2013 fellowship submissions.

So for 2013, I need to just write, write, write. More, more, more. For the first half of 2013, I will strive my hardest to accomplish the following:

1.) Finish the final drafts of my adventure comedy feature.
2.) Write the first draft of my adult comedy feature which I will lovingly refer to as Boys.
3.) Write the first draft of my contained thriller which doesn't even have a pet name yet.
4.) Do another (final) draft of my coming-of-age dramedy, Ten Seconds.
5.) Write a drama spec for fellowship submissions (maybe).
6.) Write first draft of drama pilot, tentatively titled, Bad Names.

And most relevant to this blog...

7.) Blog every Wednesday about writing in some form or another...on my new blog devoted to screenwriting, movies, and the film industry which is here.

I figure #7 will help encourage my ass' getting in gear and doing some actual writing if I have to write about it once a week.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment