Friday, June 3, 2011

Deadlines Passed


I'm taking a break from my vacation posts for a writing update.

June 1 was the deadline for the Warner Bros. Writers' Workshop and the Austin Film Festival. I was trying to write a second comedy spec for WB so I would have a choice of what to submit. Didn't happen. So I sent in my "It's Always Sunny" spec. I submitted different drama specs to WB twice before without any success, so I'm going to see if I can get anywhere on the comedy route.

For Austin, I was originally planning on submitting the same three screenplays I sent to Nicholl. But I still want to do some revising and get more notes on two of those three scripts, so I decided to save the money and didn't enter any of them. But I did whip my hour-long pilot, "Feedback," into shape, and I'm kind of loving it. I haven't entered that anywhere yet, so Austin gets it first. Hope they like it.

The year is almost halfway over, can't believe it. I absolutely need to write a second comedy spec this month. Then the second half of the year I want to devote to writing new screenplays.

No comments:

Post a Comment