Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oscars 2011

Here were my five favorite dresses of the night:

1.) Milla Jovovich


She was the first one on the red carpet and I thought, who is going to beat this? And no one did. I usually dislike the one shoulder thing, but this is structured so well it doesn't look like it only has one shoulder just because it's trying to be interesting. Perfection.

2.) Rose Byrne


Remember how I said I don't like the one shoulder? Love this as well. I don't think this dress would look good on many people, but I thought it looked amazing on her. Shiny.

3.) Michelle Williams


So bright. So pretty. Great makeup. I'd been waiting for her to do something I loved all season, and she brought it to the Oscars. Feminine.

4.) Leslie Mann


Sexy. Sexy. Sexy.

5.) Jessica Chastain


This had been a mostly unsuccessful awards-dressing season for her. She is so, so pretty and extremely talented. I'm glad she finally wore a dress that is deserving of her. Regal.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Cameron Diaz


 This is so surprising to me. The dress, and the fact that I like it.

********************************************************************

Octavia Spencer


It's not my favorite dress, but she looked great in it, and she gave a lovely speech.

********************************************************************

Gwyneth Paltrow


She wore a cape, man. A cape! And she made the simplest dress look pretty darn fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment