Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Birthday Brunch and the Shakes

We technically went to my birthday dinner at Alma on the day before my birthday because it's not open on Sundays. So I still had some celebrating to do for my actual birthday, and I started with brunch at Lazy Ox Canteen.


Hubs had the chicken and waffles, which was of monumental proportion.


The chicken was good. The waffles weren't crispy enough for me.

I had the salmon plate, which was exactly what I had in mind.


A little caper aoli for schmear. Put it all together...


Perfection.

And some rosemary potatoes on the side.


There was no rosemary, more of a seasoned salt, which was fine by me since I'm not huge on the rosemary. Plus, they were super crispy on the outside and very creamy inside. I love a good potato.

And the best butterscotch pudding for dessert.


Three cheers for breakfast brunch!

After brunch we walked across the street to Demitasse, a fancy coffee place that specializes in Kyoto coffee. I had a regular iced coffee. It came in a large glass and it tasted strong, but nothing crazy. I'm not overly sensitive to caffeine. I've been known to drink coffee and still nap. But at midnight, I was still wide awake from the coffee I'd finished ten hours earlier. I had the shakes all day.

We walked over to Chinatown and I took this shot of City Hall reflecting in the new downtown police station.


Chego for dinner. You can read about past experiences here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment