Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pizzeria Mozza

My favorite pizza in Los Angeles at Bottega Louie has met its match!
My fondness for Bottega Louie's pie stems from its resemblance to the many wonderful pizzas we had in Italy. Pizzeria Mozza is a different beast, entirely, but just as delicious. The crust is light and puffy, just crunchy enough. The sauce just sweet enough. The toppings weren't overdone.

We had the pizza with salami & fresno chiles. Just a hint of spice.


There are a number a great looking appetizers. We had the goat cheese and lentils, which which tasted like a beef stew with goat cheese. Mmm.

It looked so good we took a bite before the photo. Whoops.

They had many yummy-sounding desserts, but we went with the butterscotch. Forgot to take a photo, but it looked and tasted virtually identical to the butterscotch we had at Jar. Except that it came with a cookie that had rosemary in it. And it was a revelation.

I am not a huge rosemary fan. I much prefer my breakfast potatoes with thyme, and if I'm cooking rosemary with meat, I only use a tiny, tiny bit. But having rosemary in something sweet like a cookie? Sounded crazy, but it was perfect. Now it all makes sense. The one dish I make that I actually like rosemary, the sauce is sweet. I just never put it together. Rosemary should be sweet, not savory. Ah, the world just got a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment