Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baco Mercat

Hubs and I trekked downtown to the hotel district and had lunch at Baco Mercat.

The restaurant had good atmosphere; high ceiling and school-room-ish chairs lead to an industrial feel. Yeah, it's a little hipster, and I liked the look.

We started with a couple sweet and sour sodas that are made in-house.


The red is chicha morada and the green is lime-chile. If you love vinegar, I definitely recommend trying one of the many sodas on the menu. A little too much vinegar for me, but I would still be tempted to try a sweeter, more fruity flavor on my next visit.

For our meal, we each had a baco, the namesake.


I had the toron. It was basically a very tender cheeseburger with tater tots and a creamy horseradish sauce on top. What's not to like? It even had mixed greens and sprouts which brought a note of freshness so it felt lighter than a tater tot topped cheeseburger. Having a bite with pickle, the perfect bite. And while the innards were delicious, the bread was the star of the show. It reminded me of navajo bread, my favorite. The bread is decadent, but just thin enough that it doesn't feel too heavy.

Innards of The Origianal Baco

Hubs had the original. I really loved the sauce it came with, it had a ton of flavor. Lots of meat in this one if you're a big carnivore.

All of the bacos on the menu look so good. I want to try them all. They are the perfect portion, not too big, not too small. I would say they're comparable to an Umami Burger in size. Just enough room left for dessert, which was pretty darn good.


Pecan panna cotta. Light and not too sweet. Yeah, I would order this again. Baco Mercat, we will see you again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment