Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Gorbals

We had a good dinner at The Gorbals owned by Ilan Hall of Top Chef fame.
 

Confit tongue with romesco. Overall, this was our favorite dish of the night.


Bacon wrapped matzoh balls. My first matzoh ball. Everything's better with bacon.


Popcorn chicken gizzards. My mom used to make chicken gizzards. They were very...chewy. I remember once she actually declared them inedible, meaning no amount of chewing would help them dissapate in our mouths. It was the only time in my childhood I was allowed to not eat my dinner.

These gizzards were tender and deep fried. But overall, it was too bland. The breading needed more seasoning and the sauce could've used some heat.


Squid ink fish and chips. I rarely meet a fish and chip I don't like, so I was quite shocked to not like this plate. The chips were fine, nothing special, but the fish was kind of a mess. The cod was very watery, and the breading was very wet on the bottom from the moisture in the fish. Not a good texture. Plus the breading was super salty, almost inedibly so.


Sticky toffee pudding with scotch and banana cinnamon ice cream. The ice cream was a flavor combo I would've never picked, but it went perfectly with the pudding and scotch. The meal ended on a good note. Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment