Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Golden Globes 2011

Again, I don't care who won any awards. It's all about who won the award of looking best on the red carpet. My picks, starting with two HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Tilda Swinton. I love your style. You march to your own drummer and end up looking fantastic more times than not. This was SO CLOSE. I love the color. And the hair, the hair is dynamic. But I hate, hate, hate the skirt. If this had been paired with pants, it might have been my favorite look of the night.


Evan Rachel Wood. Your makeup looks better than it has in a long time. I think I might even be able to see actual skin on your face, and that is a blessing. The color of your dress is amazing. And it sparkles! And I love sparkles. But then it tries to turn into a bird at the bottom, and I just can't get behind that. It's like performance art for a story about the mermaid that fell in love with a bird or something. If it was all sequins, I would have loved it. Heck, if it had been all green feathers, I probably would've loved it. But I don't care so much for the hybrid.


Okay, so onto the great stuff. Here are my 5 favorites of the evening, in no particular order:

Salma Hayak. I love the gold on the bodice, and I love the black shiny lines on the skirt. This looks regal, like a modern Cleopatra. LOVE.


Nicole Kidman. I love how structured this is. It also strikes me as Egyptian looking. Hmm. Maybe I'm on a Nile kick...
Only about five people on this planet could pull this off, and lord bless us all that one of them chose to actually wear the dress in public.


Sarah Michelle Gellar. And now for the exact opposite of the Nile. This is normally a dress that I don't care for, but add the crazy print and I'm on board. It's so fun. And the hair and makeup are perfect for the look.


Emma Stone. This dress rocks. I love the detail on the shoulders, then the magenta on the side, and the slit that's not vulgar. I know, everyone loved the eagle at the waist. I won't fault her for it, but I don't think it elevated anything. The dress was already good enough on its own.


Charlize Theron. I usually don't like nude dresses. Snore. But this one is just pink enough and so floaty, and then sexy with the slit. This reminds me of a better version Gwyneth Paltrow's Oscar-winner, probably because of the color and the low neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment