Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Are You Ready for Some Football?


Football is coming back! Yeeeeaaaahhhhh!

Okay, confession time. I have not been a lifelong football fan. I played softball growing up. I watched Cubs games everyday. I worshipped Ryne Sandberg and Mark Grace. Walter Payton? The Fridge? Who? The '86 Bears and the Superbowl Shuffle? I was oblivious, no memory whatsoever.

I think a lot of people get into football in college. The huge tailgating parties, the drunken camaraderie. Well, I went to art school. We had an ultimate frisbee team and that was the extent of our sports program. Football was that thing they played in that spaceship they built on top of Soldier Field a few blocks away.

Hubs is from Boston and a big Patriots fan. I only started watching football after meeting him, but I fell in love. With him and with football.

Football makes me happy. It's aggressive, yet athletic, something is always happening. It's my favorite way to waste a Sunday, and the thought of not having that option this year was depressing. But no more worries. The season will now go on. The lockout is over.

And, finally, Go Bears?!

No comments:

Post a Comment