Sunday, July 31, 2011

Nicholl Fellowship - part over


I officially received my three Nicholl rejection letters. My script that I had the most hope for (the only one that was really ready to send in the first place) received two positive reads, which is nice to know. What's not nice to know is that it didn't receive high enough positives to garner a third read, therefore, it did not make the top 20%. Bummer.

Part of me is relieved that this is all over for me. I would have loved to have been named a Quarterfinalist, it would've been a big confidence boost. But not making the cut makes me reevaluate what I do have going for me: I write commercial stuff, stuff that has a chance of selling. And that's what I need to focus on.

Time to start sending out query letters. One of my goals is to get a manager this year, and I still have five months left to do that. The time to start is now.

 Congratulations to everyone who advanced in the Nicholl, and to the lucky, lucky people that manage to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment