Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes

Who cares who won?  It's all about who wore what and who looked best!

Some years it seems like everyone wears black, black, and more black.  I hate it.  Famous Ladies, we all know that black makes you look slimmer.  But you are already super-thin.  There is no need to look slimmer.  Wear color!  And this year, almost everyone did.  I was quivering with joy while watching the red carpet show.  

My top five of the evening (in no particular order):

Catherine Zeta Jones


With her husband getting all the press for his cancer recovery, CZJ knew she would be silently smiling from the sidelines all night, but she said all she needed to in that gorgeous green gown.  Can I please touch it?  It looks so soft and bumpy.

Claire Danes


When I saw this dress I knew it was Calvin Klein (and I am no fashion expert).  Clean lines, crisp, and elegant.  And the color!  Little girls are supposed to love pink and then grow out of it, but the older I get, the more I love pink.  The pairing of the simple dress with the hot color was perfect.  And I'm glad she won.  It's been a long time since Angela Chase has been up on that stage and she gave a great acceptance speech.

Lea Michele


Still riding the pink train.  I don't know, there's something about this that I love.  It's feminine and flowy, yet structured. Normally I don't love this kind of dress.  I think it's the pink.

Jane Lynch


I usually hate black at awards show, but I do love me some black with shiny.  I love how it shimmers as opposed to sparkles.  And the collar is unique and flattering.  Age appropriate and completely modern.  Jane nailed it.

Melissa Leo


Again, a black dress that I loved!  Sparkles galore!  Melissa looked amazing on the red carpet and on the stage.  I swear, this dress took ten years off of her.  The sleeves were the only unique touch this one needed and they made the dress special and spectacular.

I can't wait for the Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment