Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Do Not Want to Be Your Friend

Hey, put those claws away!

Facebook is a fascinating place.  People I partied with in high school are all married with children.  It's a little surreal. 

I befriend almost everyone who Friend Requests me, as long as I know who you are.  Hell, some people I've never had a conversation with.  I'm not very discriminating.

Now, someone who was actively hostile towards me in high school wants to be my Friend.  This annoys me on many levels.  I hadn't thought about this person in quite some time, and there her cruel face was, taunting me.  I've moved on.  I don't want to be reminded.  I certainly don't want daily updates on what she's doing and how she's feeling.  And why would she want any connection to me?  She clearly did not like me when we were acquainted.

I truly wish this person nothing but the best.  I hope she has a wonderful life filled with love and blessings.  But, no, you will not be my Facebook Friend, have access to personal photos and my random spoutings if you, among other things, were quoted in my high school newspaper saying not-so-subtly that you were going to steal my boyfriend when I went away to college.  No, thank you.

That's just the kind of Facebook Friend I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment