Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sunny


It's taken much longer than anticipated to figure out the spec I'm going to write for "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for the Nickolodeon Fellowship.  Initially, I thought it wouldn't be so hard. The show doesn't have many limitations. The episodes are all stand-alones, so there aren't any arcs that I need to figure in story-wise. It's pretty straight forward. Degenerates being politically incorrect degenerates.

I decided to write the spec after watching the 6th season which recently aired on FX, which I thought was hilarious. I went back and watched the previous five seasons to immerse myself in the show and learn more about how these characters came to be. I had all of these great ideas for my episode storylines and I'd jot them down. As I watched the five seasons, one by one, my ideas had already been done. Wah-wah. Slowly, I regrouped. I had ideas for my A and B storylines, got them to work together, but was lost for a C story. Then I got the C story and it didn't fit into A and B in their current form. So today, everything was made to work together. Sort of. I now have an outline I feel confident enough in that I can start writing. Tomorrow, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment